In case I have not mentioned it earlier, I am a lip balm addict. Not only do I have 8 Nivea lip balms, but also 8 Maybelline lip balms. These are not all from the same range & were purchased at different points of time, but all are loved. Here they are in the order in which they were purchased.
This is from the Lip Smooth Color Bloom range.
This is also from the Lip Smooth Color Bloom range.
This is from the first Baby Lips range that was released. It was just 90 or 99 bucks. It is not available anymore (discontinued).
Also from the original Baby Lips range. Not available anymore.
This is from the second Baby Lips range that was released called, Baby Lips Loves Color. This range was released in place of the above one.
This is part of the Baby Lips Lipcare range, which features only colourless balms.
Also from the Baby Lips Lipcare range.
This is from the Baby Lips Electro Pop range.
All swatches were taken in natural light
A few points about the lip balms.
- As mentioned above, these are from different ranges and Cranberry Jam & Cherry are no longer available. However, there will be similar shades available in the Baby Lips Loves Color range, as it was supposed to be a reformulated, repackaged, updated release of the original.
- Lychee Addict & Watermelon Smooth are colourless; all the others are tinted.
- Baring Pink Shock, all have SPF. However, according to the Maybelline India website, the 2 blossoms also don't have SPF. But I clearly remember seeing SPF 15 or 16 mentioned on the packaging of both of these (which I purchased when they were first released). So I think the formulation must have changed to make them non-SPF.
- Peach Blossom & Pink Blossom have an SPF of 15 and the others have an SPF of 20.
- Cranberry Jam, Cherry & Pink Lolita are the most moisturising.
- Peach Blossom, Pink Blossom & Pink Shock are the least moisturising.
- All the balms are glossy & extremely smooth-textured.
- None of the balms have shimmer, which I really appreciate. However, in the photos, it looks as if Pink Lolita has shimmer. I'm not sure though, as I cannot see it in person & can't feel it at all.
- All the balms are scented, varying in degree.
- I don't find any of the scents obnoxious; all are subtle.
- Lychee Addict & Watermelon Smooth have the best scents - very light, fresh & summery.
- All the others have normal, quintessential 'lip balm' smells.
- According to the Maybelline website, all the balms cost between 135 & 165 bucks. However, most were cheaper when I bought them.
- My absolute favourite is Cranberry Jam, followed by Pink Lolita.
- However, I have almost finished Cranberry Jam, Peach Blossom & Pink Blossom.
- Peach & Pink Blossom look white/colourless, but they change colour once on the lips.
- A lot of bloggers complained that Peach Blossom was colourless on their lips, but I had no such issues.
- I always love wearing Peach Blossom under lipsticks because even after the lipstick wears off, there is a slight tint left.
- Pink Blossom is the most pigmented, followed by Pink Shock. Both have a bright pinkish-fuchsia colour. Both of these stain the lips.
- Pink Blossom has the most staying power; it even survives meals for me.
- Pink Shock is the next in staying power.
- All others have poor staying power and are wiped off with meals & sipping water.